Ordered replacement belts based on existing belts. Easy enough when you can still read the old belts…B83 x 3.
What I did not factor on is how poorly installed the existing ones were. Slack was completely taken out of adjustment and spacers under the motor mounts. Removed all that nonsense and reordered some B86s so I can have room to adjust.
Motor appears not original of course but reinstalled after cleanup of all the motor mounting aperatus.
More pics coming of reinstalled motor and belts once the belts get here.
Could not help myself when this shop made cabinet came up for bid at the 2020 Cabin Fever Expo. Got lucky and fit under a machine base that had a makeshift set of storage that I never was that thrilled with. Almost the same color green and fit like a not so good fitting glove but way better than before.
Well it had to happen at some point. Consolidation of all the resistors I have gathered over the years. I actually wanted the drawer space back for the growing numbers of micro controllers and boards so I managed to clean out 24 drawers and one complete (well almost) cabinet.
Wanted to add a more comprehensive light monitor to my project. Tha TSL 2591 does the trick. Started running into memory issues with my Arduino Uno. Will will add that discovery and resolution in an upcoming post.
Adafruit to the rescue as I am pushing my project to be portable.
One lithium ion polymer battery and an Adafruit PowerBoost 500 Charger later I was able to get the project untethered from a power source.
Will figure out battery life and such in the near future.
Couple of interesting notes: I already went the alkaline battery route – it worked to a point but the are too bulky for my applications and they had about a 4 hour life span. The combination of Adafruits PowerBoost 500 Charger and the LiPo seems to be (so far) ideal.
The PowerBoost 500 does not work for this application (probably no application) if you connect it via the 2.1mm Power Jack. The Power Jack needs at least 6V to operate properly. I have not yet evaluated using the USB power input. My initial finding showed that it did not work but I am a bit skeptical about my USB connection. Does not really matter much as I know have the PowerBoost 500 connected right to GND and VIN which works great!
Further reading on the subject it appears the only way to power the Arduino from the PowerBoost 500 is the way I ended up doing it — straight to GND and VIN. Makes sense as the USB optional output appears to be for charging other units, not powering a device.
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.
This is a demo store for testing purposes — no orders shall be fulfilled. Dismiss