Joe Bringhelli Main Tube Miter Jig

image

image

image

After making a few modifications to the jig I have it setup on the tilting table.  Did a couple of practice cuts and all went smooth. 

Next up I will work on tube length, alignment and angles.

Tilting Table all Cleaned Up

image

image

It has a lip screwed on to the base I need to remove…frozen/stripped screws.  EZ Out in my future.

Ordered assortment of t-nuts and such so should be able to attach this weekend.  Goal to have Bringhelli jig mount by end of weekend.

Fork Progress

After some more practice notching, brazing and cleanup work I put together another fork as the start of my next frame set.  Thanks to Dave Bohm for the past critique on my earlier fork attempts.  Big take away from his comments – work on the bend and make it more uniform and less “dog leg”.  I think I got that much better this time and happy with the bender.  Used more FLUX per Dave’s comments as well!

image
Jig from my Nephew Luke! Thanks Luke!
image
Finished (mostly) fork!
image
Finished (mostly) fork!
image
Finished (mostly) fork!
image
Home made Fork Bending Mandrel – Tight radius as you can see.

Machine Shop taking Shape

Started cleaning up the shop and organizing it around the two recent milling machines that I found over the summer.  Next steps, get vise situated on stand and fine a lathe sometime soon.  Will start next frame soon enough as well.